Superior Sire (140)
Honor: 0
[ Give / Take ]
The House of Umbrae Octo is a member of an Alliance

Member of The House of Umbrae Octo
Vampire Rave member for 18 years.
20:12:54 Apr 02 2010
Read 85,752 times

With the Closing of the Guardians of Darkness, I have had to move the Dark Network Help page. It is now being hosted in the House of Umbrae Octo. So, send a thank you to the House Master Nightgame and the crew over there.

In case you aren't familiar with the Dark Network Profile Help Page, it is a page where we have compiled websites, codes for fonts, pictures and backgrounds for basic members. For Premium members, it has sound codes, websites to get musicboxes and videos, it also shows you with pictures what each aspect of Cancer's default coding effects. This way you can build your own profile, to show your own creativity. There is also a tab for Navigation Boxes and Special Codes, such as right click disable and multi fade codes.

Please know that these are not the only codes that you can use. There are millions out there, but we just put together the most commonly used codes that work here on the Dark Network.

With these changes, please understand that the Dark Network Profile Help Page banner had to be updated, yet again. It seems, as the Guardians of Darkness Coven was dissolved, Phinaeus Twitch, House of Umbrae Octo's mascot, snuck into the ruins and retrieved something of utmost importance.

You can get the code for the above image and link here.

This thread is to post any coding questions you are having with your profile, portfolio or journal or regarding coding in general. Please check the FAQ I have created, prior to posting in this thread. Thanks!!

Profile Help FAQ.

•  REPLY  •

RaggedyAndy
RaggedyAndy
Sire (101)
[ Give / Take ]
Vampire Rave member for 16 years.
14:11:46 Apr 03 2010
Read 85,546 times

LadyChordewa:

I just wanted to thank you for all of the time and effort you put into the Dark Network Help Page and Guardians of Darkness as well as the patience and help you have given me and others here in VR.

I hope you do not mind, but I am going to add you to my Friend List and add your Journal to my favourites; I send best wishes to you and yours and hope that you'll still come around every once in while and let us know how you are doing.

To Nightgame (and Crew) of House of Umbrae Octo:

I thank you so much for continuing to host the Dark Network Help Page.

As long as I have been a Member of VR I have great use for it for my own Profile, Coven and Mentorship Pages. As well, I use it in my welcome messages to new Members and make reference to in my Mentorship when Pupils need assistance.

I thank (and very much appreciate) both of you for the time, effort and help you give to all of us.

•  REPLY  •

LadyChordewa
LadyChordewa
Superior Sire (140)
[ Give / Take ]

00:03:58 Apr 04 2010
Read 85,448 times

Well, I must say, I am very honored by your words. You have been extremely helpful in answering questions in this thread yourself, I hope that you continue to do so.

•  REPLY  •

xTaintedAngelx
xTaintedAngelx
Nightmare (97)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of The Coven of Purgatory
Vampire Rave member for 19 years.
06:26:12 Apr 23 2010
Read 84,504 times

I was just wondering something.

I'm a regular member and I found some cool layouts on pimp my profile, I was just wondering if I could use them, and if so which code would I use... the css code or the href code?

Thanks for the help.

•  REPLY  •

RaggedyAndy
RaggedyAndy
Sire (101)
[ Give / Take ]
17:26:11 Apr 24 2010
Read 84,358 times

Only as a Premium member can you use a profile generator or CSS Layouts for your profile.

Should you become a Premium member and opt to use one, please remember that most Profile generators embed a code, to advertise their site.

That advertisement generally shows up over the Logo at the top of your profile. You need to make sure that you have removed this coding, as it is against ToS (Terms of Service) to advertise another site on this network.

•  REPLY  •

xTaintedAngelx
xTaintedAngelx
Nightmare (97)
[ Give / Take ]
07:24:48 Apr 25 2010
Read 84,299 times

Thanks for the answer, and I do plan on becoming a premium member as soon as I can.

What website do you suggest that I use, being a regular member, for getting backgrounds for my profile?

Thanks for the help and any suggestions.
Angel

•  REPLY  •

LadyChordewa
LadyChordewa
Superior Sire (140)
[ Give / Take ]

20:14:34 Apr 26 2010
Read 84,237 times

Any background will work, but places to find them are too numerous to name. Best bet, is Photobucket.com. You can sign up free, to collect your own pictures but you can also search for free, what you wish for a background.

All you need is the URL (http://) to place in the coding, that you can find on the profile help page. It will tile, so the best thing to do, is get a picture that tiles ok.

•  REPLY  •

vHellsGuardianv
vHellsGuardianv
Arch Sire (199)
Honor: 39
[ Give / Take ]
The House of Nocturnal Retribution is a member of an Alliance

Member of The House of Nocturnal Retribution
21:49:24 May 27 2010
Read 84,154 times

There are many different websites you can grab backgrounds from, one I find useful is http://gothicwallpapers.net/, there are a lot of darker themed backgrounds to choose from there.

•  REPLY  •

LadyRayneofDarklight
LadyRayneofDarklight

No Longer Registered
09:29:26 Jun 24 2010
Read 83,016 times

Excuse me, I'm hoping that this doesn't sound incredibly stupid but...

Is it possible for basic members to change the font face on their profiles? And if so, how do you do it?

•  REPLY  •

LadyChordewa
LadyChordewa
Superior Sire (140)
[ Give / Take ]

23:28:06 Jun 24 2010
Read 82,970 times

You may change your font face and color, within the main profile area. (Middle area only). Only being a Premium member, will it allow you to change the fonts in the rest of the profile.

To change the font, go to the Profile Help page and look for the tab that says "Font". It will give you the codes to use, to change your font color, size and style.

•  REPLY  •

PAGAN
PAGAN
Great Sire (116)
[ Give / Take ]
Chateau Orleans (Coven) is a member of an Alliance

Member of Chateau Orleans (Coven)
Vampire Rave member for 14 years.
14:18:42 Jul 15 2010
Read 82,733 times

how do i put a background onto my portfolio please?

•  REPLY  •

RaggedyAndy
RaggedyAndy
Sire (101)
[ Give / Take ]
15:15:41 Jul 15 2010
Read 82,707 times

PAGAN:

You can use the coding for the Basic Background.

The Dark Network: Profile Help Page

Make sure the first part of the code goes at the very beginning of your General Description Area under Edit Portfolio and the 2nd part at the very end. If you don't put the 2nd code at the end, it will will cause your page to not show properly.

•  REPLY  •

NamaahFelenora
NamaahFelenora
Malignant Spirit (49)
[ Give / Take ]
Limbus Patrum (Coven) is a member of an Alliance

Member of Limbus Patrum (Coven)
08:38:17 Jul 18 2010
Read 82,563 times

I am confused at how to make a stamp?

I click on where it says customize stamp and it's a blank box. What do I do?

•  REPLY  •

RaggedyAndy
RaggedyAndy
Sire (101)
[ Give / Take ]
16:41:50 Jul 18 2010
Read 82,519 times

NamaahFelenora:

First, only Premium Members can customize their Stamps.

Profile Rating and Comments

Second, in response to your question, if you do have a Premium Account and wish to set up your Customized Stamp, all you need do is enter the proper HTML coding for the stamp image you wish to use and/or any other predefined comments.

•  REPLY  •

NamaahFelenora
NamaahFelenora
Malignant Spirit (49)
[ Give / Take ]

18:20:19 Jul 18 2010
Read 82,493 times

I WAS a premium member. My membership expired today. I tried it for a month. I thought it was pretty neat so I am going to go premium again just have to wait till monday because I had my card changed over because someone was using it without my knowledge. And that really sucks.

But anyways, do I just pick a picture and then bring it up in a program to tweak it out and then put it on photobucket and use that direct link and put that in the stamp box? I am a bit confused on that process.

•  REPLY  •

RaggedyAndy
RaggedyAndy
Sire (101)
[ Give / Take ]
18:45:09 Jul 18 2010
Read 82,480 times

Yes, you would create a stamp then upload it to your Photobucket Account or your VR Premium File Storage.

However...

You don't just put the direct link. You use the proper HTML coding for images.

For example:

•  REPLY  •

Zihauna
Zihauna

No Longer Registered
19:49:39 Jul 19 2010
Read 82,399 times

I am having issues finding some type of coding to stretch my background. It was way smaller before but I stretched it through paint and photobucket combined. It wouldn't stretch any farther then it is no matter how hard I try.

I have heard there is a coding for stretching the background but I can't find it on the darknetwork profile help page at all. I've looked for several hours. I even had another friend help me look.

•  REPLY  •

LadyChordewa
LadyChordewa
Superior Sire (140)
[ Give / Take ]

22:27:46 Jul 19 2010
Read 82,373 times

Thank you PsiVampire and InnerSanctum for helping the members in my absence. I appreciate your input and helping out fellow members.

Zihauna - There was a tab for Resizing pictures using HTML, unfortunately it was misplaced when I changed the format of the help page.

Please click here, for the link to Resizing pictures.

•  REPLY  •

Zihauna
Zihauna

No Longer Registered
18:07:06 Jul 20 2010
Read 82,331 times

okay. So when I use the code to resize the picture, do I put it in the style sheet? because it's for my background and I don't want to mess it up. I want my background to reach all the way across the screen and then it will be a perfect profile in my mind.

•  REPLY  •

RaggedyAndy
RaggedyAndy
Sire (101)
[ Give / Take ]
18:48:02 Jul 20 2010
Read 82,309 times

You put the dimensions (height and width), as shown in the example that LadyChordewa gave you, right after the image URL you are using for your background.

•  REPLY  •

Zihauna
Zihauna

No Longer Registered
19:29:24 Jul 20 2010
Read 82,290 times

I didn't get an example but when I clicked on the link I also wasn't shown exactly where I put the code. This is how I put it background: #000000 url(http://i672.photobucket.com/albums/vv87/zihauna/butterflies-1-1-2.jpg) center fixed no-repeat;
< img src="http://i672.photobucket.com/albums/vv87/zihauna/butterflies-1-1-2.jpg" width="650" height="300" >
what it does is nothing.

I've also tried

background: #000000 url(http://i672.photobucket.com/albums/vv87/zihauna/butterflies-1-1-2.jpg) < img src=(http://i672.photobucket.com/albums/vv87/zihauna/butterflies-1-1-2.jpg) width=650 height="300" > center fixed no-repeat;

and it makes my background black. Of course before the > I close the space and after the < I close the space. The image on the dark network page kinda shows regular pics resizing and says "Change the width and height until it is sized as you wanted. Be advised, 650 is as wide as a profile can go on Vampirerave, width wise, without having to scroll sideways."
I tried going to 650 so it stretches to each end of my profile. but it isn't working for me.

•  REPLY  •

LadyChordewa
LadyChordewa
Superior Sire (140)
[ Give / Take ]

07:11:22 Jul 21 2010
Read 82,244 times

I'm not quite sure what you want to do.

If you want the following picture

http://i672.photobucket.com/albums/vv87/zihauna/butterflies-1-1-2.jpg

to cover your whole background. It should be set, as it is 1024x668. From your specs, you are attempting to resize it smaller. If it doesn't look right, or doesn't extend across your whole background, it might be more of a screen resolution problem, instead of sizing. You don't need to resize it smaller for it to fit, unless you are going to attempt to use it in the center profile portion.

Either way. PM me and I will resize the picture to your specs, so you don't need to bother with the coding to resize it. Just let me know. :)

•  REPLY  •

Zihauna
Zihauna

No Longer Registered
21:44:54 Jul 24 2010
Read 82,178 times

thank you it's just about perfect. My last final thing I wanna do is make the black buttons on my play list disappear. I know there is away I've done it before and I have the code for it on my laptop but that is under repair. My friend Slain gave it to me before but he can't find the file he saved it under. Does anyone else know how to do that? It would make the play list perfectly centered.

Thank you for your help.

•  REPLY  •

GrieviousDemon
GrieviousDemon
Premiere Sire (129)
[ Give / Take ]
20:53:24 Jul 27 2010
Read 82,106 times

You just remove the buttons coding. The playlist.com player's have 2 seperate coding's one for the player ( top portion ) and 1 that controls the buttons. Ill message you what to look for.

•  REPLY  •

GrieviousDemon
GrieviousDemon
Premiere Sire (129)
[ Give / Take ]
21:16:54 Jul 27 2010
Read 82,085 times

Also < center > ( no spaces) at the beginning of the coding which begins with < div )

( Playlist button controls )
Look for the < /object > tag remove all the code after this. may need to add < /div > < /center > and the very end I cant remember or check as I removed mine and went for an embedded coding instead.

•  REPLY  •

PixieWitch
PixieWitch
Malefactor (67)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
04:03:48 Aug 04 2010
Read 81,796 times

I figured this would be the best place to ask this.

We have a Forum in the coven and what I want to do is post a code for the Stamp used for our BoS. The stamp directly links to the BoS Coven Page. (as seen on my profile) Others in the coven want to post this to their profiles as well.

It is a basic html code, it used to work with me using &lt in the place of < and posting it on the forum page. For some reason that no longer works. I cannot post the code in a way that people can just copy and paste it. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

•  REPLY  •

RaggedyAndy
RaggedyAndy
Sire (101)
[ Give / Take ]
17:18:58 Aug 05 2010
Read 81,746 times

Please disregard the above...I was going to show you the results of the coding with the HTML Entity characters and added the HTML characters but was working in the wrong forum window while testing it. :D

Here is how the coding will apear

Code:

This is the coding you put on your page:

Code:

&amplt;a href=&ampquot;https://www.vampirerave.com/houses/house_page.php house=curious&page=6092&ampquot;&ampgt;&amplt;img border=&ampquot;0&ampquot; src=&ampquot;http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz210/PixieWitch/BoS/CoCBoS.jpg&ampquot; width=&ampquot;500&ampquot; height=&ampquot;587&ampquot;&ampgt;&amplt;/a&ampgt;

•  REPLY  •

GrieviousDemon
GrieviousDemon
Premiere Sire (129)
[ Give / Take ]
00:44:16 Aug 06 2010
Read 81,719 times

Thanks Psi. I had sent her a more perm. solution to helping her Covenmates. Have to love the scroll box for viewing HTML coding

•  REPLY  •

NOBLE
NOBLE

No Longer Registered
05:43:18 Aug 13 2010
Read 81,447 times

This may have already been asked, but I didn't see the question anywhere.

How do I add a animated picture into my comment box? I've seen this on several sites, and I think it is fantastic.

Thank you~

•  REPLY  •

LadyChordewa
LadyChordewa
Superior Sire (140)
[ Give / Take ]

22:23:51 Aug 13 2010
Read 81,379 times

Delete your current Foruminput section of your CSS and copy and paste in this section.

forminput, .textinput, .radiobutton, .checkbox {
font-size: 14pt;
font-color: White;
font-family: Copperplate Gothic Light;
vertical-align: middle;
background-image: url(URL);
background-repeat: repeat-x;
color: White;
background-color: Black;
border: 2px #FC3E20 solid
}

Simply put in the URL of the animated background that you wish, in the parenthesis at background-image. Don't forget you can change the border color at the bottom, the font color, size and family also.

•  REPLY  •

NOBLE
NOBLE

No Longer Registered
15:43:48 Aug 17 2010
Read 81,269 times

I have another question. I know how to make the scroll boxes, but I want to make one where I can add my protection stamps. I only see box directions for the text scroll boxes. Am I not looking in the right place? I just need the code to add pictures instead of text.

Thank you~~

•  REPLY  •

RaggedyAndy
RaggedyAndy
Sire (101)
[ Give / Take ]
18:47:17 Aug 17 2010
Read 81,239 times

Although it says to insert "TEXT" in the areas, you are not only limited to plain text. You can add HTML coding for images as well.

•  REPLY  •

NOBLE
NOBLE

No Longer Registered
21:06:42 Aug 17 2010
Read 81,217 times

I thought for a minute I had a smidge of intelligence in my brain. And then I tried to make a killer profile on Vampire Rave. LOL.............Nothing will work for me! Is there anyone who would come help me? I've asked people, and all they say is 'Oh go ask so and so.'
I will do anything if someone will come help me fade my pictures, and help me with a scroll box to hold pictures. And Lady Chordewa-Thank you so much for your help. I know you have better things to do. I'm just feeling really idiotic. I know the codes are easy. But nothing will work on my pro.

•  REPLY  •

Deliciousness
Deliciousness

No Longer Registered
19:16:31 Sep 01 2010
Read 80,063 times

Since the weekend have been doing everything I know on how to get my avatar back at the top instead of halfway down deleted the CSS box evven went to my old profile before did the navigation box

Avatar was fine last night but this morning it wasn't when I went in to see if I already changed the colour of my text or still needed to do that before adding the slide show and scroll boxes

•  REPLY  •

MisfitChick423
MisfitChick423

No Longer Registered
22:54:00 Sep 02 2010
Read 79,960 times

I am having issues adding a scroll box to my profile, and short of asking someone else to add it for me, is there a way to make it easier?

•  REPLY  •

Deliciousness
Deliciousness

No Longer Registered
00:01:56 Sep 04 2010
Read 79,844 times

Having problems with my profile again
Psi was able to solve the problem with the avatar but this time it is with the scroll boxes

After I added the codes to the scroll boxes the right column when using VR Classic layout disappeared the sizes for the scrollboxes are width 350 height 400 the same sizes used in navigation box for box 2 and 3

•  REPLY  •

RaggedyAndy
RaggedyAndy
Sire (101)
[ Give / Take ]
02:35:57 Sep 04 2010
Read 79,815 times

At the very last part of your top Navigation Table (Title 9) it looks like the closing coding is off.

You have:

It should be:

This should fix the problem.

If you click on the link to the snapshop below (Opens in New Window), you can see the incorrect coding highlighted in green.

Snapshot of Code

•  REPLY  •

Deliciousness
Deliciousness

No Longer Registered
04:14:25 Sep 04 2010
Read 79,792 times

Psi thanks wish knew how the found its way into the code since all I did was copy and paste Syn's Mentorship and then changed the inforation to Bowie's name, mentorship name and description

thank you once again Psi and GD for your help

•  REPLY  •

RaggedyAndy
RaggedyAndy
Sire (101)
[ Give / Take ]
15:27:26 Sep 04 2010
Read 79,737 times

Risque:

That is why it is better to copy any coding you may need directly from the Dark Network Help page.

All coding there is generic and you just have to fill in the text area with the information you want.

Once you copy something from someone else you take the chance of there being additional coding added which may work into their Profile, Coven or Mentorship scheme, but may throw off your Profile.

•  REPLY  •

Deliciousness
Deliciousness

No Longer Registered
21:34:22 Sep 04 2010
Read 79,717 times

ok thanks Psi
was using the coding used in our sub pages for coven since I wasn't sure what part went in description and what part was for CSS box

•  REPLY  •

GrieviousDemon
GrieviousDemon
Premiere Sire (129)
[ Give / Take ]
14:33:48 Sep 09 2010
Read 79,324 times

Well I am not sure the Navigation coding has been fixed in the Help page. There was an extra < div > right after the the sections table and above the first TEXT GOES HERE in table 3

•  REPLY  •

GrieviousDemon
GrieviousDemon
Premiere Sire (129)
[ Give / Take ]
17:13:07 Sep 10 2010
Read 79,216 times

Question for Psi or LadyC -

Have either of you tried to use the Opacity coding on Coven pages. I am not sure if you have to make the Gif's for the BG transparent like normal or not and I was asked if I knew. Hmm actually I better check the Coven as i may have a page set up like that already.

•  REPLY  •

RaggedyAndy
RaggedyAndy
Sire (101)
[ Give / Take ]
17:54:56 Sep 10 2010
Read 79,203 times

I only thought the Opacity Coding was for fading images other than any of the backgrounds.

Whether in a Mentorship, Coven or Profile, if I want a transparent background, I always create a PNG file.

•  REPLY  •

GrieviousDemon
GrieviousDemon
Premiere Sire (129)
[ Give / Take ]
18:08:17 Sep 10 2010
Read 79,185 times

Yeah that is what they are looking for Psi the opacity. So they can see the BG through other text like many including myself have on our main profiles.

•  REPLY  •

LadyChordewa
LadyChordewa
Superior Sire (140)
[ Give / Take ]

04:04:22 Sep 11 2010
Read 79,134 times

If you are talking just making the images transparent, I created a multi-browser code, that I have used with success with profiles. To put it in a Coven or House page, just condense it and put it into the code anywhere.

The 70 or .7 indicates % of opacity.....this can be changed.

Try it and let me know if it works for you.

img
{
float:none;
filter:alpha(opacity=70);
-moz-opacity:0.7;
-khtml-opacity: 0.7;
opacity: 0.7;
}

•  REPLY  •

InnerSanctum
InnerSanctum
Pain Giver (55)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Legion (Coven)
18:26:32 Sep 15 2010
Read 78,902 times

Thanks LadyC - yeah I have that on the GD profile but wasnt sure if the same coding applies to Society pages.

•  REPLY  •

LadyChordewa
LadyChordewa
Superior Sire (140)
[ Give / Take ]

02:42:46 Nov 11 2010
Read 76,901 times

I am in the process of updating the Profile Help page, back to the flash players that everyone loved. I have the basic design down and I am correcting and updating some of the codes.

If you have any codes, that you would like to donate, or would like to see added, please send me a private note.

DO NOT POST IT HERE!!!!

•  REPLY  •

LadyChordewa
LadyChordewa
Superior Sire (140)
[ Give / Take ]

19:52:16 Nov 29 2010
Read 76,664 times

The DarkNetwork Profile Help Page has been updated with a new flash menu.

I had gone back to the old threads and collected some of the coding that was posted by Cancer and other members, to add to it. I have also added a House/Coven page menu, that shows you two ways of coding a House/Coven page.

If you have any questions about the flash menu, please message me personally.

•  REPLY  •

IveXtastedxthexrainbow
IveXtastedxthexrainbow
Premiere Sire (123)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of The House of La Bella Oscuridad
15:33:00 Jan 08 2011
Read 75,542 times

what plugin does firefox need to play the BG sound codes?

•  REPLY  •

23:10:08 Jan 09 2011
Read 75,487 times

Can you add right click disabled to a mentorship?

•  REPLY  •

LadyChordewa
LadyChordewa
Superior Sire (140)
[ Give / Take ]

02:15:08 Jan 10 2011
Read 75,450 times

LostinPA - I'm not sure what plugin you need, as it the code in the Profile Help page, was given to me, by someone that used Firefox. Hopefully, maybe one of my helpers, to this thread, has the answer for you.

OnEaglesWings - I don't see why you couldn't add the right click, or any code found on the Profile Help page, to your mentorship. Since they work fine on House/Coven pages, they should work on your mentorship pages as well.

•  REPLY  •

IveXtastedxthexrainbow
IveXtastedxthexrainbow
Premiere Sire (123)
[ Give / Take ]
16:19:13 Jan 10 2011
Read 75,334 times

Hopefully, I used to have it set up just fine but since I had to fix some browser issues its telling me i'm missing the plug in :( I installed quick time and java thinking they might help but...no changes.

•  REPLY  •

DemonicPanther1203
DemonicPanther1203
Great Sire (112)
[ Give / Take ]
14:07:07 Jan 13 2011
Read 74,906 times

I put a navigation box on my profile and now there is a gap on my page. Anyone know how to get rid of it?

•  REPLY  •

LadyChordewa
LadyChordewa
Superior Sire (140)
[ Give / Take ]

20:12:29 Jan 15 2011
Read 74,851 times

I checked out your CSS coding and found the following, that may be why your profile is so wide.

A Navigation box should take only 3 "boxes". You have extras. (see below, posted from your CSS)

If you want your profile, to not be so wide, delete the first two "boxes" and it should render the Navigation box fine.

Other than that, I don't see a problem with your profile.

•  REPLY  •

LadyChordewa
LadyChordewa
Superior Sire (140)
[ Give / Take ]

22:47:03 Jan 27 2011
Read 73,893 times

Mullo - We use all the fonts that can be found in your Windows font folders.

BellaJaymesCullen - To be able to use advanced coding, such as changing your CSS, you have to be a premium member. You can buy a premium membership, at any time. No need to be a particular level. At a level 18, you are then allowed to post in the Vampbox and in chat rooms. There are no coding restrictions.

You can use basic coding, to spif up your profile, at any time. Just check out the Dark Network Profile Help page to see how to do it.

•  REPLY  •

ToxicKitten
ToxicKitten
Premiere Sire (122)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Art (Coven)
Vampire Rave member for 17 years.
22:26:09 Mar 24 2011
Read 70,356 times

I was told to ask here.....

this is for power punks.
Why can't we use normal css?

i wanted to make the group im in have the background scroll thing. Also, no repeat, i tried a basic css code, and it didn't work.

Help?

PM me please if you can help, thanks.

•  REPLY  •

Lethargy
Lethargy
Sire (106)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of The House of Caomhnõir-an-Eolas
Vampire Rave member for 11 years.
11:37:36 Mar 25 2011
Read 70,272 times

Sorry let me rephrase that again I didn't try all the code test:

Powerpunk ID'S and Classes:
a:link
a:visited
a:active
a.menu:link
a.menu:visited
a.menu:active
a.gar:link
a.gar:visited
a.gar:active
a.gar:hover
a img
.pic a img
.pic a img:link
.pic a img:visited
.pic a img:active
.pic a img:hover
hr
table
tr
td
.textarea
.footer
.forminput, .textinput, .radiobutton, .checkbox

I can't work out how to get a background.

Scifi Section id's and classes:
.HEAD
.CONTENTS
a:hover
a.menu:link
a.menu:visited
a.menu:active
a.menu:hover
a img
.pic a img
.pic a img:link
.pic a img:visited
.pic a img:active
.pic a img:hover
a.special:link
a.special:visited
a.special:active
a.special:hover
.error
.success
.warn
.divider
hr
TABLE
.user_stat_table
.user_stat_td
.tablewindows
.tdwindows
.tabledescription
.tddescription
.regular
.textarea
.footer

The rest of the parts you will have to use the Custom Premium Colors menu to change the background.

For Bloody Feather cut and paste your CSS code into the edit description box. There is a bug in the edit CSS code for this site.

Any Dominar that views this please delete the 2 previous post.

•  REPLY  •

Lethargy
Lethargy
Sire (106)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of The House of Caomhnõir-an-Eolas
11:45:27 Mar 25 2011
Read 70,252 times

One more thing for bloody feather the CSS code will post but won't be redisplayed in the Edit your CSS BOX. I forgot to take it out of my description, hence I thought it didn't work.

•  REPLY  •

Sulks
Sulks
Great Sire (110)
[ Give / Take ]

19:49:55 Apr 12 2011
Read 69,860 times

what line of code in my style sheet do I use to change the colour of the text on my profile from white to silver please?

•  REPLY  •

LadyChordewa
LadyChordewa
Superior Sire (140)
[ Give / Take ]

05:53:57 Apr 13 2011
Read 69,801 times

Let's see. Its different, for every aspect of your text.

To change the color of the links on either side of the page its:

a:link
a:hover

To change the color of your name, quote, the box under your picture and additional pictures headings.

TABLE

To change the color of your text in the box where you leave a rate and the surrounding colors.

Those are just the basics, there are several combinations that can be used to change things. Hope that helps.

•  REPLY  •

Darkkizzez
Darkkizzez
Savant (82)
[ Give / Take ]
Celtic Order Of Enlightenment (Coven) is a member of an Alliance

Member of Celtic Order Of Enlightenment (Coven)
21:46:35 Apr 28 2011
Read 68,509 times

i need help with getting the moved or deleted boxs off my profile that are at the top of my profile. but the problem is i dont kno where the codes are

•  REPLY  •

LadyChordewa
LadyChordewa
Superior Sire (140)
[ Give / Take ]

04:44:18 Apr 29 2011
Read 68,453 times

I checked your profile and it looks fine. If the boxes that you are talking about, are the two lines of links, you are not allowed to delete those, as they are part of VR Layout and it would be against TOS.

If you don't wish to have the "boxes", I would recommend you simply change your layout, to something that would suit you better.

•  REPLY  •

ApertureStar
ApertureStar
Apparition (36)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
Vampire Rave member for 13 years.
01:16:47 Jun 11 2011
Read 66,830 times

Is pasting MyPlaylist code and other such code exclusive to premium members or am I doing something wrong? Only the bottom buttons appear when I view my profile after pasting and saving.

•  REPLY  •

ApertureStar
ApertureStar
Apparition (36)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
06:51:37 Jun 11 2011
Read 66,795 times

Never mind. Yes, I guess I had to be a premium member to do it. However, I do have another question. What code do I use to customize my profile and borders using images and where exactly do I put it. Forgive my ignorance.

•  REPLY  •

LadyChordewa
LadyChordewa
Superior Sire (140)
[ Give / Take ]

20:00:59 Jun 12 2011
Read 66,615 times

ApertureStar,

If you simply click on the image below, it will take you to the DarkNetwork Profile Help page. There is a listing for Basic Members. In there, you will find how to put in borders, change font sizes and colors. It will even teach you how to put in a background.

There are limitations to what you can do, as a basic member. You can't change the side tables, only what is directly below your avatar.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

Yours,

LadyChordewa

•  REPLY  •

Yarrow
Yarrow
Disciple (53)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hades (Coven)
13:28:37 Jun 23 2011
Read 66,423 times

How do I change the color of the horizontal lines in a css sheet? No matter what code I use, the lines still appear as the usual red vr horizontal lines. :(

•  REPLY  •

LadyChordewa
LadyChordewa
Superior Sire (140)
[ Give / Take ]

03:45:53 Jun 25 2011
Read 66,369 times

In your CSS coding sheet, find HR. That is the tag that controls the horizontal line color. Just change the color to what you wish.

•  REPLY  •

Lilith69
Lilith69
Vexer (13)
[ Give / Take ]
19:29:12 Jun 25 2011
Read 66,309 times

I have a regulae membership and am finding it dificult as to where to put font color cods in my edit profile?

Please help.

•  REPLY  •

LadyChordewa
LadyChordewa
Superior Sire (140)
[ Give / Take ]

19:57:43 Jun 26 2011
Read 66,215 times

Generally, you put the font codes, prior to the text that you wish to change. Such as:

&ltfont color=goldenrod&gt THIS IS MY TEXT &lt/font&gt

****HINT: Remember to use the &lt/font&gt code to end the color or font, at the end of the text. This way, you can use multiple colors within your profile.

•  REPLY  •

TheMonsterYouAdore
TheMonsterYouAdore
Vexer (13)
[ Give / Take ]
Vampire Rave member for 17 years.
20:28:24 Aug 12 2011
Read 64,373 times

My photos are not updating on my profile
Removed the old ones, uploaded a new set - and my profile is still showing the previous photos.

•  REPLY  •

LadyChordewa
LadyChordewa
Superior Sire (140)
[ Give / Take ]

20:43:37 Aug 14 2011
Read 63,967 times

Per VR Manual:

If your browser is set to use a cache file, when you upload a picture that replaces an older one, you might not see it. The picture is on the Vampire Rave server. The problem is with your browser, it's showing you an old image. You can solve this problem by clicking reload from within your browser or by dumping your browser cache file (it will depend upon your browser and version).

So, simply clear the history on your browser. Generally, you go to Tools, Options (or in firefox clearing history). Once you clear the history. Close the browser and then open it again. It should work.

•  REPLY  •

DAVYDENKO
DAVYDENKO

No Longer Registered
17:59:25 Oct 05 2011
Read 60,448 times

Greetings

I'm a return member from about 5/6 years past, I was a member of Lux back then (DragonsEyes). I was on for about a year before I had to return overseas. Now I'm retired (28 years USMC active/four years reserve..32 years complete) and have been on VR since September 9th 2011. I've seen many profiles, Premium, of which I am a subscriber, and would like to know how I might insert a photo into the [Vampire Rave/The Ultimate Vampire Resource and Directory] box and if it isn't too much of a problem, how to change the buttons to a desired icon (Portfolio, Bite, Stalk, Journal) buttons.

Greatly appreciate your input

Thank you

SemperFi

•  REPLY  •

LadyChordewa
LadyChordewa
Superior Sire (140)
[ Give / Take ]

20:43:50 Oct 10 2011
Read 59,341 times

DAVYDENKO,

This is a new creation of Cancer's (actually is about a year old now). He has created skins, that you can create your own unique profile. Generally, go to your Edit Profile and go down to Forced Layout of Profile. At the bottom you will see a link called "Premium Skin Manager". It is here, you can choose a skin, you will get a download of both the CSS for it and a folder of all the pictures used. Simply find the picture, that corresponds with what you wish to change and create a picture, giving it the EXACT SAME NAME as the original picture.

For more information, visit the Layout and Skin Support thread, in the Main Forum. That thread is for the more advanced way of updating your profile. Cancer answers most the questions there.

Hope that helps.

LadyChordewa

•  REPLY  •

Darken
Darken
Vampling (25)
[ Give / Take ]

23:36:10 Oct 25 2011
Read 58,500 times

Question: I understand that it is against terms of service to advertise for another site on this network; but I was wondering if that included displaying some of my likes on my profile page. For example, there are some awesome sites that I like to buy stuff from, like dresses or gothic accessories. Or like Gothic Beauty magazine. Would I not be allowed to post their logos on my profile page? Just wanted to clarify this before I do something to get myself in trouble. :-)

~Darken

•  REPLY  •

Vampirewitch39
Vampirewitch39
Royal Sire (203)
Honor: 40,292
[ Give / Take ]
The House of Madadh-Alluidh is a member of an Alliance

Member of The House of Madadh-Alluidh
13:33:08 Oct 26 2011
Read 58,439 times

You can put the links to the sites on your profile at the top- under links. If someone reads your profile where you talk of your love for any certain mag/shop- you can direct them to the links above.

If people take the time to read your profile, they will take the time to check out your links.

:)

•  REPLY  •

BaileyD
BaileyD
Harasser (15)
[ Give / Take ]
Vampire Rave member for 12 years.
15:41:18 Nov 23 2011
Read 55,125 times

ok, i went to the profile help page here.
And i read number 12 of the FAQ

"12. Can basic members have a background?

Yes they can. Check the Dark Network Help page, under Basic Member coding and look for Basic Background. That will give you the code, to accomplish this."

So i followed those steps listed here.

i did everything right, but the background still didn't show up.
why is this???

please help.

•  REPLY  •

BaileyD
BaileyD
Harasser (15)
[ Give / Take ]
15:43:15 Nov 23 2011
Read 55,118 times

Ok, something worked, but it only went behind me "about me" section. is that what it's supposed to do?

•  REPLY  •

LadyChordewa
LadyChordewa
Superior Sire (140)
[ Give / Take ]

19:28:01 Nov 23 2011
Read 55,068 times

Yes, that is how it is suppose to work.

•  REPLY  •

REIGNADeLaCRUZ
REIGNADeLaCRUZ
Antagonist (37)
[ Give / Take ]

12:52:03 Dec 02 2011
Read 54,076 times

I am very sorry to bother......i am having a major issue with not my profile but others. i can no longer access my mentorship or my coven profiles. an error msg comes up saying there is an error on the page and then proceeds to boot me out of VR all together. HELP. I am also noticing this on some profiles as well.

Thank you for your time.

•  REPLY  •

LadyChordewa
LadyChordewa
Superior Sire (140)
[ Give / Take ]

00:49:14 Dec 03 2011
Read 53,928 times

This issue is probably something to do with your service provider, not VR. Your best bet is to speak to a Master Vampire or Regent, to find out any issues.

•  REPLY  •

BarefootMisfit
BarefootMisfit
High Sire (155)
[ Give / Take ]
16:01:48 Mar 19 2012
Read 43,966 times

is there a way to make the link to the net work a little smaller?

•  REPLY  •

LadyChordewa
LadyChordewa
Superior Sire (140)
[ Give / Take ]

06:26:29 Mar 20 2012
Read 43,866 times

Which link do you wish to change the size of?

•  REPLY  •

xTaintedAngelx
xTaintedAngelx
Nightmare (97)
[ Give / Take ]
06:13:08 Apr 24 2012
Read 42,166 times

Do you have to be a premium member to use a rate stamp?

•  REPLY  •

LadyChordewa
LadyChordewa
Superior Sire (140)
[ Give / Take ]

19:24:39 Apr 24 2012
Read 42,045 times

Prior to my becoming a Premium member, I created a ratings stamp and uploaded it to photobucket. When I went rating, I would just copy and paste it.

As a Premium Member, you have the ability to set up your ratings, so when you rate someone, it will automatically stamp them with the stamp of your choosing.

Hope that answers your question.

•  REPLY  •

Aja
Aja
Firebrand (79)
[ Give / Take ]
The Coven of Secretele Vampir is a member of an Alliance

Member of The Coven of Secretele Vampir
20:02:34 Apr 25 2012
Read 41,744 times

Hello :)

I'm tryin to place pics to my right side of my profile, but I can't do it

Can you help me??

Aja

•  REPLY  •

LadyChordewa
LadyChordewa
Superior Sire (140)
[ Give / Take ]

21:02:36 Apr 25 2012
Read 41,732 times

In front of the image, put the following in.

&ltDiv align=right&gt

•  REPLY  •

HakotaLynZelderen
HakotaLynZelderen
Shadow (10)
[ Give / Take ]
19:25:37 May 01 2012
Read 40,562 times

I used to know about all the codes to make one's profile but being gone for so long and losing my previous acount, I cant remember the code. I found one that works, the font color one ^_^ but I am still unsure how to get a background on there......Please help?

•  REPLY  •

LadyChordewa
LadyChordewa
Superior Sire (140)
[ Give / Take ]

02:24:05 May 03 2012
Read 40,301 times

Click here.

Copy and paste the code into the profile description at the very top. Replace "URL" with the link to the background you wish to use.

At the very bottom, copy and paste the second code.

That should do it.

•  REPLY  •

alexia2012
alexia2012
Shadow (10)
[ Give / Take ]
05:39:02 May 09 2012
Read 39,937 times

I posted a video on my profile but I am totally new to this site and Im not sure that it's ok to post something that has advertising at the bottom of it for a few seconds. Could you tell me weather to delete it or not?

Utmost appreciation with your help!

•  REPLY  •

Vampirewitch39
Vampirewitch39
Royal Sire (203)
Honor: 40,292
[ Give / Take ]
The House of Madadh-Alluidh is a member of an Alliance

Member of The House of Madadh-Alluidh
21:26:19 May 09 2012
Read 39,819 times

alexia2012-

That is fine. :)

If you have a site question you can ask in the Request Help. This Help Page thread is more for code issues/ request for help from members.

Nice profile by the way.

•  REPLY  •

Merrows
Merrows

No Longer Registered
20:10:57 May 12 2012
Read 39,252 times

Anybody Know The Antisteal code?

•  REPLY  •

LadyChordewa
LadyChordewa
Superior Sire (140)
[ Give / Take ]

22:48:23 May 12 2012
Read 39,219 times

Here you go. This is a Right Click disabled code.

•  REPLY  •

03:47:08 Jun 08 2012
Read 37,278 times

WildJoker,

You can only upload a 3 to 4 MB file at a time from my experimentation of trying to upload music files myself.

•  REPLY  •

WhiteZombie
WhiteZombie
Sire (108)
[ Give / Take ]
The Cry of the Banshee (Coven) is a member of an Alliance

Member of The Cry of the Banshee (Coven)
11:09:27 Jun 28 2012
Read 36,534 times

When i go a look for the basic member codes nothing is showing up, would it be something to do with my settings or something wrong with the page?

•  REPLY  •

XxTwistedWhisperXx
XxTwistedWhisperXx

No Longer Registered
22:26:36 Jun 29 2012
Read 36,272 times

Hi,

I'm really sorry to bother you and I feel like such an idot for asking but I want to change my style of font and can't figure out how?

I have gone to the dark network profile help page to look for the basic codes and at the moment they seem to be missing (there's a blank box where the links usually are).

Also I'm trying to change my page background and make it transparent so people will be able to see the scene whilst also being able to read the text.

Also one last thing if you don't mind I am trying to add music to my profile which will play when someone enters my profile. How do I do this as I have seen many members with this feature?

Many thanks,

Twisted.

•  REPLY  •

LadyChordewa
LadyChordewa
Superior Sire (140)
[ Give / Take ]

02:27:05 Jul 01 2012
Read 36,212 times

I apologize. My premium membership expired and the coding I had for the site, was in my storage. I will fix this as soon as possible. I should have it up and fixed by Monday.

Again, I apologize for any inconvenience.

•  REPLY  •

NikkiLeann
NikkiLeann
Disciple (53)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
00:02:52 Jul 05 2012
Read 35,762 times

I just bought premium membership today.

How do I get my background image to cover the whole page?

I've been told I had to resize it and I keep doing it but it never fits like it should.

When I scroll I want it to cover my whole profile.

Anyone know what size it should be?

•  REPLY  •

LadyChordewa
LadyChordewa
Superior Sire (140)
[ Give / Take ]

05:04:46 Jul 05 2012
Read 35,731 times

Generally, the best background for a premium membership is something that tiles and creates a solid background. Otherwise, you may not be able to read your profile, due to the font color and background color being the same.

For a picture to be clear and to be used as a background, it would depend on your resolution. If you have a regular sized monitor, then 800x600 generally works. If you have a widescreen monitor, then 1366x768.

But the most common background size used is 1024x768.

You can find more information at the profile help page. It is back up.

•  REPLY  •

NikkiLeann
NikkiLeann
Disciple (53)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
20:42:49 Jul 05 2012
Read 35,612 times

Currently the size of my background image is 1024x768 but it doesn't stretch all across sideways from top to bottom it covers but on the right side it doesn't.

•  REPLY  •

LadyChordewa
LadyChordewa
Superior Sire (140)
[ Give / Take ]

00:03:53 Jul 06 2012
Read 35,582 times

Then your resolution for your screen is bigger than that.

Check the resolution for your screen by:

Go to your computer background.
Right click
Click on screen resolutions.

It will tell you there, the size of what your screen is set to, that should solve your problem. :)

You can make it fit 1024x768, or resize the picture larger to fit your screen better.

•  REPLY  •

NikkiLeann
NikkiLeann
Disciple (53)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
15:20:29 Jul 06 2012
Read 35,487 times

I figured out what my screen resolution is and I changed it to fix it BUT whenever I upload it to say photobucket it doesn't keep that size it makes it smaller.

I have it on my computer as the size it needs to be but no way to get the link.

Photobucket shrinks the image and even when I change it it goes back to smaller.

I don't know if they have a limit on how big images can be or what.

•  REPLY  •

LadyChordewa
LadyChordewa
Superior Sire (140)
[ Give / Take ]

20:03:42 Jul 08 2012
Read 35,178 times

If you don't have a premium membership in Photobucket, it will resize the picture to fit the parameters set for a basic member.

Your best bet, is to use your file storage here, on VR, that you got with your premium membership. It generally doesn't resize things.

Your other option is to use a tiling type background. A background that tiles well with seamless sides. Then use the picture that you want for a background, as a predominate picture in your profile.

•  REPLY  •

Luciel
Luciel
Caitiff (17)
[ Give / Take ]
14:11:58 Jul 09 2012
Read 34,998 times

Hello there. I'm new and have a question.. How do you change your primary pic on your profile?? I will delete the pic and upload a new one in its place, but for someone reason it will only upload that same pic.

•  REPLY  •

LadyChordewa
LadyChordewa
Superior Sire (140)
[ Give / Take ]

00:29:16 Jul 11 2012
Read 34,649 times

You need to clear your cache on your browser. Go to tools and down to clearing browser.

•  REPLY  •

HiddenSoul
HiddenSoul
Sire (102)
[ Give / Take ]
14:25:14 Jul 12 2012
Read 34,255 times

now that the playlist.com music thingie isnt workin what do you use to have playlist on our profile prob stupid ? but i really dunno the answer thanks

•  REPLY  •

fallendemon
fallendemon
Evil One (74)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
02:12:00 Jul 21 2012
Read 33,021 times

Try mixpod.com

It's got some good songs but make sure you check the quality of the song you want first. Customize then it will give you the code at the end.

~~Fallen

•  REPLY  •

Firedrake
Firedrake
Elemental (77)
[ Give / Take ]

15:11:34 Jul 28 2012
Read 32,382 times

Don't know if anyone can help me, there used to be a part of VR that had all the info for coding and html stuff on it, has that disappeared?

Anyway I'm not a premium member, but is there a code to make the body of my profile scroll over the background picture, rather than the background be repeated over and over for as long as the words go? I know there used to be one for it, but that "help page" isn't much help at all...and i haven't done this for a long time.

Thanks in advance

•  REPLY  •

LadyChordewa
LadyChordewa
Superior Sire (140)
[ Give / Take ]

00:21:21 Jul 31 2012
Read 31,884 times

Firedrake,

You are actually asking the question in the thread, that, at the beginning, gives you the link to the coding that you desire.

Please feel free to check it out and if you have any further trouble, contact me, or leave another message here in the forum, where most the coding specialists help answer the questions.

Yours,

LadyChordewa.

•  REPLY  •

16:13:09 Aug 03 2012
Read 31,095 times

Hi if anyone can help with this it will be appreciated, I created a table using basic HTMl format, but in order to see the table you have to scroll down the page and then you see it, how do I get it up to the top of the page. Thanks in advance.

•  REPLY  •

LadyChordewa
LadyChordewa
Superior Sire (140)
[ Give / Take ]

05:54:34 Aug 06 2012
Read 30,696 times

I would have to see the coding and how it works on your page, to be able to tell you what needs to be done.

If you set it up on your profile, send me a note and I will take a look and help you out. :)

•  REPLY  •

IngerDeAnihilare
IngerDeAnihilare
Overthrower (98)
[ Give / Take ]

18:16:15 Aug 31 2012
Read 29,077 times

Can anyone help me with coding that allows a graphic to sit NEXT to a paragraph of text vs above or below it? I would also like to alternate sides... left to right to left... etc

•  REPLY  •

MorpheusHunting
MorpheusHunting

No Longer Registered
20:31:23 Oct 26 2012
Read 20,111 times

how do i add pictures to my profile without it being a premium account?

•  REPLY  •

LadyChordewa
LadyChordewa
Superior Sire (140)
[ Give / Take ]

23:49:34 Oct 29 2012
Read 19,312 times

You need to get yourself a free photo storage account.

I recommend www.photobucket.com

Once you upload a picture, it will give you 3 URL's to use. You want to use the URL that starts with img src

•  REPLY  •

silentlord
silentlord
Malignant Spirit (49)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
22:27:51 Nov 13 2012
Read 15,380 times

tiny pic .com is another good one

•  REPLY  •

Aja
Aja
Firebrand (79)
[ Give / Take ]

03:46:38 Feb 26 2013
Read 5,497 times

Can you help me, I'm trying to put my pics side by side.

Ty
Aja

•  REPLY  •

LadyChordewa
LadyChordewa
Superior Sire (140)
[ Give / Take ]

05:36:06 Feb 26 2013
Read 5,483 times

Check out the following link to find the coding for Side by Side Pictures

•  REPLY  •

YouthGoneWild
YouthGoneWild
Premiere Sire (124)
[ Give / Take ]
03:59:11 Feb 28 2013
Read 5,142 times

photobucket doesnt create the graphics path code used to design the journal, bite, stalk, port, online, header an bottom icons anymore. doeas anybody know what graphic site does?

•  REPLY  •

LadyChordewa
LadyChordewa
Superior Sire (140)
[ Give / Take ]

04:50:07 Feb 28 2013
Read 5,128 times

I'm not quite sure what you are asking.

If you want to create a design for your own graphic, to replace the graphics used in your bite, journal, etc. You need to find someone to create what you wish.

To replace them on your profile, that is under Cancer's thread of Layout and Skins. As far as I know, you need to name the graphic, the same as the one you want to replace in your skin. I would go to the other thread, to ask any further questions, as I am not sure that falls under this category.

•  REPLY  •

LadyChordewa
LadyChordewa
Superior Sire (140)
[ Give / Take ]

00:24:49 Mar 02 2013
Read 4,916 times

Please feel free to close this thread. Thank you.

The Dark Network Profile Help Page continues in a new thread HERE .

•  REPLY  •

• • • • THIS THREAD IS CLOSED • • • •
•  Closed by BillytheJust on Mar 02 2013  •

•  General Discussion Home  •   Forums Home  •

COMPANY
REQUEST HELP
CONTACT US
SITEMAP
REPORT A BUG
UPDATES
LEGAL
TERMS OF SERVICE
PRIVACY POLICY
DMCA POLICY
REAL VAMPIRES LOVE VAMPIRE RAVE
© 2004 - 2024 Vampire Rave
All Rights Reserved.
Vampire Rave is a member of 
Page generated in 1.1671 seconds.
X
Username:

Password:
I agree to Vampire Rave's Privacy Policy.
I agree to Vampire Rave's Terms of Service.
I agree to Vampire Rave's DMCA Policy.
I agree to Vampire Rave's use of Cookies.
X