Vampires and Souls/Spirits
General Discussion
•  General Discussion Home  •   Forums Home  •

Phantasmic
Phantasmic
Daywalker (94)
Honor: 1,956
[ Give / Take ]
The Coven of Temples of The Ancient Egyptian Pharaohs is a member of an Alliance

Member of The Coven of Temples of The Ancient Egyptian Pharaohs
09:04:37 Jul 26 2024
Read 67 times

My main question is, do Vampires have a spirit, or a soul? In the fictional realm, most vampires started off as human, their human form died and it is their vampiric form that survives. So, one could argue, their spirit departed this realm the moment their human form died. In Stephen King's novel, "Doctor Sleep," a sequel to "The Shining," The True Knot, which are (what I consider to be) a group of Psychic Vampires, feed on the fear of certain people with a supernatural gift known as "the ability to shine." They also began as human, but were transformed into some other being not entirely human and with specific powers, but in order to survive, they must feed.

In HBO's adaptation of Charlaine Harris's Sookie Stackhouse novels, vampires explode into a puddle of sticky goo when they're killed, and it is (marginally) implied their soul's left their bodies when their human form died. Thoughts?

•  REPLY  •

Cadrewolf2
Cadrewolf2
Great Sire (119)
Honor: 2,448
[ Give / Take ]
The House of Nocturnal Retribution is a member of an Alliance

Member of The House of Nocturnal Retribution
Vampire Rave member for 1 years.
09:52:22 Jul 26 2024
Read 63 times

What's the definition of one's soul? Energy within the body that depletes after the human form is dead. so why would not your soul stick around if your body and mind and sight is still active perse as the living dead. or would you just be a shell for a spirit. which in many forms would be a soul.

So yes, all things living have a soul and Hollywood's adaption of the undead would still have a soul in my way of thinking, if they still remember their years of life and still have the same soul as when they were alive and feelings and sight as we are today. energy would still be in the body in some form.

•  REPLY  •

Phantasmic
Phantasmic
Daywalker (94)
[ Give / Take ]
The Coven of Temples of The Ancient Egyptian Pharaohs is a member of an Alliance

12:18:18 Jul 26 2024
Read 60 times

I'm not convinced semblance of a conscience indicates the survival of a soul. In nearly every form, vampires are depicted as being 'different' in may ways when compared to their human form. With either concept, the idea leaves much doubt for me.

•  REPLY  •

angelicimp
angelicimp
Mosquito (7)
Honor: 0
[ Give / Take ]
14:19:42 Jul 26 2024
Read 56 times

I think what made them human left, hence theyre vampires now. So by that logic theyre soulless. Considering theyre often shown needing living blood for their own strength, depending on humans with souls to keep them going it just further indiciates that they lack something (and i wouldnt say they just lack blood but more specifically the essence inside it). Id say this all mainly depends on what youd consider makes someone human and what is essential for humanity. In many adaption the vampire once it dies has no afterlife or anywhere to go, which also supports them not having a soul that can go anywhere / go to "heaven"

•  REPLY  •

Phantasmic
Phantasmic
Daywalker (94)
[ Give / Take ]

17:47:44 Jul 26 2024
Read 52 times

I rather agree with you. Bare minimum, their souls are altered, at least from a fictional standpoint. In the Sookie Stackhouse novels, it's mentioned they "loose their humanity," especially when in large groups of other vampires. Very interesting!

•  REPLY  •

Cadrewolf2
Cadrewolf2
Great Sire (119)
Honor: 2,448
[ Give / Take ]
The House of Nocturnal Retribution is a member of an Alliance

Member of The House of Nocturnal Retribution
Vampire Rave member for 1 years.
22:02:33 Jul 26 2024
Read 50 times

Altered soul but still have a soul. For if not it would be like zombies (From movies) the only thing they know is to feed. Walking around aimless and without care no thoughts, no feelings, no hunting. Just want to feed so is vampire like that, no reference of the past, no hurting, no compassion, walking around aimless.

I still believe there is a soul within it all.

•  REPLY  •

Phantasmic
Phantasmic
Daywalker (94)
[ Give / Take ]

22:48:38 Jul 27 2024
Read 43 times

Could be! But it's most definitely changed. Vampire Bill is a good example from True Blood, and so are Lestat and Louis. BUT, it could also be said that perhaps their infinite time on earth, and witnessing everything they love break, and everyone they love die has made them colder.

•  REPLY  •

POST RESPONSE

•   QUOTE  •   QUOTE HELP  •  

POST PREVIEW

•  CLOSE PREVIEW  •  
Post preview does not reflect tags that may be stripped out after you post. What HTML tags you can use depends on your membership type. More information.

•  General Discussion Home  •   Forums Home  •

COMPANY
REQUEST HELP
CONTACT US
SITEMAP
REPORT A BUG
UPDATES
LEGAL
TERMS OF SERVICE
PRIVACY POLICY
DMCA POLICY
REAL VAMPIRES LOVE VAMPIRE RAVE
© 2004 - 2024 Vampire Rave
All Rights Reserved.
Vampire Rave is a member of 
Page generated in 0.1245 seconds.
X
Username:

Password:
I agree to Vampire Rave's Privacy Policy.
I agree to Vampire Rave's Terms of Service.
I agree to Vampire Rave's DMCA Policy.
I agree to Vampire Rave's use of Cookies.
X